Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Review of New Starkville Restaurants

The former location of a coffee shop on Main Street has now opened up as a restaurant and bar. Big Daddy's Restaurant is located inside the historic Hotel Chester, which is a great place to stay for football games. I ate lunch at Big Daddy's on Wednesday and was disappointed in not only the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich but also the atmosphere at the restaurant. I was hoping that this would be a place I could recommend but the food was very average and again the atmosphere was nothing special.

As for dinner, I ate at the new Boar's Head Bar and Grill. I highly recommend the Boar Head's chicken which was a very tasty entree and came with great sides. The crowd could have been better but I have to say that the food was delicious. The bar also allows direct access to the Little Dooey, its owner, and a new area which will feature dartboards and video games.

Everyone should try each of these new establishments on their own. These opinions are mine and mine only so I recommend trying each of these on your own before forming an opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home